Sammamish Hills Lutheran Church (SHLC) is looking for that special person to join the office team! This position offers a great deal of variety for someone who enjoys being challenged by a varied work day. The 8 staff members work well together with positive communication. The successful candidate will be able to work well with the staff, greet people with joy and also be able to focus on the necessary details required by the job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate team member.
• Meet and greet members and visitors.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Outlook as well as Adobe InDesign and Photoshop. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Maintain the church website and coordinate, prepare and print the weekly bulletins and monthly newsletter. Also coordinates its mailing to parishioners.
• Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
• Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
• Receives, sorts, and delivers incoming mail, packages, and deliveries.
• Copier: Primary contact for copier repair (requests & schedules service, sets up new users & manages passwords, orders supplies, and troubleshooting.
• Creates, develops and disseminates e-mail blasts using the Constant Contact on-line.
• Creates and develops pamphlets, posters, and banners to support the ministries of Formation, Worship, and Care.
• Creates and develops the annual report of the congregation in concert with staff and lay leaders.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Office Volunteers.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. A working knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is needed to be effective in this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree (A.A.) from a two-year college preferred. Three years prior secretarial, administrative, or clerical experience highly desired.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to work effectively with church staff, lay leaders, disciples, and the general public.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as segments of the bible, worship book and/or various publications. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with members and visitors. A knowledge of the Lutheran church or another liturgically based church is highly desirable.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Must be proficient in MS Office Applications including, but not limited to: Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher and PowerPoint. Also must be proficient in Adobe InDesign CS5.5 and Photoshop CS5. Must have knowledge of or ability to learn the use of a Konica C654 photocopier.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
If you meet these qualifications and are interested, please e-mail us your resume.
Provides overall leadership for Christian education for infants through 5th grades and their families. Works in concert with staff, lay leadership, and members to ensure effective and safe ministries in the areas of development of gatherings for children, youth, and families; lead, direct, and coordinate all the educational ministries of the congregation for the defined age groups (e.g. Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, etc.); develop and provide for weekly programs for children and families throughout the year, as well as special events.
For more information, or to request an employment application for this position, please contact:
Pastor Eric Hanson
425-392-7799 x 25
This position will develop and direct the Sanctuary Choir and further develop other liturgical music ministries of the congregation. In addition, the Choir Director shall be responsible for the recruitment, training, and ongoing coordination of worship assistants for the liturgical worship life of the congregation. Two years experience leading and directing choral programs and work with liturgical planning and implementation are required. Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in some form of music (performance or education), preferably with a choral emphasis, is highly desired. This is a part-time position. Salary commensurate with experience and education. Position Description available upon request.
For an application, call 425-392-7799.
Pastor John LaMunyon
425-392-7799 x 13