Student Ministries Director
Do you love God, the church, and ministry to kids? Do you have a desire to work with a team in drawing kids into relationship with Jesus and their community? Sammamish Hills Lutheran Church—near Issaquah and Redmond— is looking for a Director of Student Ministries to help us grow kids in a life of faith. We offer a team-oriented ministry focused on raising kids in faith and community.
- Looking for an outgoing person of faith who loves working with people and has a passion for kids.
- Provides overall leadership for middle school and high school faith formation ministries.
- Works in concert with staff and teams to develop and provide for weekly programs for youth and families throughout the year.
- Provides discipleship opportunities in the greater community through meaningful service.
- Develops, plans, and provides overall leadership for retreats and mission trips.
- Creates and enforces guidelines for upholding the safety of youth and families when participating in SHLC sponsored events.
- Experience leading and directing youth ministries in a congregation setting is preferred.
- Associate’s Degree (A.A.) in education from a two-year college or experience leading and directing youth ministries preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) in Outdoor Education, Christian Education, Recreation Management, or Youth Ministry preferred.
This job is Full-time, Monday – Thursday, and requires Sundays, Christmas & Easter, and some nights. Paid Time Off Provided. Salary is Dependent on Experience.
The Sammamish Hills Lutheran Church Mission Statement
We are a dynamic and vital congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and are actively committed to the lifelong process of becoming followers (disciples) of Jesus Christ. Visit us and we hope you will see signs of welcome, signs of remembrance of who we are as God’s children, and signs of the community of God’s people. We love seeing people of all ages coming together in worship, learning, and lives of holy service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and have a lot to offer individuals interested in joining our team. www.shlc.org.
How to Apply/Location
Please send resume and cover letter by email to Pr. Eric Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or fax Resume and cover letter to Sammamish Hills Lutheran Church, 22818 SE 8th St., Sammamish, WA 98074. Phone (425-392-7799). Fax (425-392-7897).
We’re looking for a gifted choral accompanist for the Sanctuary Choir of Sammamish Hills Lutheran Church. This is a part-time position and must be available for weekly rehearsals along with Sunday morning worship services. For more information contact our Sanctuary Choir Director,
email@example.com or Sammamish Hills Lutheran Church, 425-392-7799.